We are looking for talented and experienced Medical Secretaries to join our talent pool for immediate starts. We are seeking dedicated professionals who are passionate about delivering outstanding patient care at all times. You must have high attention to detail, excellent presentation and empathetic professional manner.
Medical Secretaries are responsible for providing business support to their Doctors, assistance & care to the patients, manage the administration and clerical requirements, patient bookings and theatre bookings and other duties related to supporting the specialist and of course delivering outstanding care.
To be considered for this role, you must have experience working for specialist's using GENIE or Best Practice software.
- As the first contact, you will greet patients, helping them with any queries, scheduling appointments and assist the patients to be ready for procedures.
- Provide quality reception and clerical services to the patients, doctors and staff in a professional, caring and supportive manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Use of GENIE or Best Practice software, for billing, scheduling appointments and theatre bookings.
- Reception: answer the phone promptly and politely, assist patients with inquiries, develop rapport with patients and allay anxiety.
- Make appointments and manage the booking system ensuring all information is accurate and confirmed.
- Correspondence: manage incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and ensure distribution to the correct person via email, fax, etc.
- Record keeping: ensure all remarkable patient contact is recorded in patient history, results into patient files, and report any accidents, injuries or incidents.
- Answer inquiries and telephone messages in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Seek assistance from Medical staff when required to ensure information conveyed is accurate.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience as a Medical Secretary (at least 2 years) in a specialist environment.
- Advanced medical software knowledge.
- Previous experience working for a specialist/vascular/eye clinic highly regarded.
- Strong administration and analytical skills with a high level of motivation and initiative.
- Demonstrated abilities in dealing with difficult people in a complex environment.
- Highly patient care focused with an excellent phone manner and bright, friendly personality.
What you can expect in return:
- Full time, temporary & fixed term positions
- Various locations across Perth
- Varied and busy workload
- Join a great team of people who really care about what they do