This is an amazing opportunity for an applicant seeking a new adventure in a remote location in a part of Australia that most people will never get to see!
The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate the operation of existing sport and recreation opportunities in the community and to support community members to engage with physical activities and to improve mental health and well being.
Our client who works closely with Aboriginal youth in Western Australia is seeking a Sports & Recreation professional to run their school program and sporting activities in their remote community.
You can really be as creative as you like; think water sports, games, disco nights, cooking and nutrition classes, 5 day hikes in the outback and so much more. The end result being participation and occupying their at risk youth.
Task & Duties
- Possess Sports Coaching accreditation
- Have demonstrated skill and experience in coaching and planning for children in sports (indigenous or community, advantageous)
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a strong team player
- Versatility and a willingness to learn, commitment to role modelling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
- Contribute to the design, facilitation and coordination of the School Holiday Program and Sport and Recreation programs
- Supervise and mentor volunteers, and indigenous community Sport & Recreation Workers
- Empower community members to contribute to the design and facilitation of the sport and recreation program
- Engage the broader in community events through the sport and recreation program
- Network and liaise with other community agencies to support the increase of the community’s connection to culture and country
- Facilitate regular community football games and training
- Facilitate regular community softball games and training
- Facilitate and support the community Sports Committee who organise community sport and recreation events and carnivals
- Collaborate with other community programs to engage the community.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Diploma in Recreation, Sport Management or related field
- Certificate 3 & 4 in sport and recreation
- Current valid WWCC
- National Police Clearance (under 3 months)
- Work experience in Indigenous Youth or at risk youth
- First aid certificate is preferred
In addition to the base salary, you will be provided with accommodation ($40 rent per week), utilities, phone and internet, return airfares!
This is a fixed term position, at this stage 3 months over the school holidays. Ideally the candidate will stay the entire length of time. There is a permannet role available, the recruitment process will start in Feb 2020