Choice One is working in partnership with our Client a leading provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. An exciting opportunity awaits for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join their team in Dandenong, Victoria.
This role offers work arrangements either full time permanent or part time, flexible to your requirements.
- In consultations with clients and their families you will plan, develop, deliver and evaluate individual or group specialised services identified in the assessment process.
- Assess the client's capacity to independently participate in activities of daily living (self-care), and instrumental activities of daily living including home and community activities, learning and education, employment, play and recreation.
- Provide both individual and group OT training/intervention programs to achieve maximum independence and participation in activities appropriate to the client’s developmental level.
- Assess and train clients in the use of assertive devices and equipment to enhance access to developmentally appropriate activities.
- Assess, plan and coordinate environmental and/or task modifications according to client’s needs.
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy as recognised by the Occupational Therapy Board of AustraliaCurrent Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- SWEP (State-wide Equipment Program) registration is required for therapists working in Victoria.
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults.
- Experience in providing client support and OT services in person and/or through other communication mediums.
Benefits of Working with the Organisation
- Friendly values based working environments
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements