A unique and exciting opportunity has become available for a Manager of Families and Communities with one of WA's top leaders in the Migrant and Refugee space with a strong focus on counselling and rehabilitation for those impacted by torture and trauma.
We are seeking a dynamic leader with experience in program development and building community partnerships to oversee a team. Your teams' focus is working towards the common goal of holistically supporting survivors of torture and trauma to transition and adapt into their new life in Western Australia.
As Manager Families and Communities, you are responsible for:
- Facilitation of group counselling and rehabilitation services
- Program development, implementation and delivery
- Strong Leadership and management - managing up to 10 staff
- Community capacity building with key stakeholders
- Youth outreach and family linking
- Funding and grant applications - large part of the role
- Dealing with all budgeting and acquittals
- Provision of services for Community Integration
- Degree in Psychology, Counselling, or Social Work with Mental health, or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in program design, development, management and implementation
- Significant supervisory experience related to community, health or other relevant service
- Demonstrated understanding of community based mental health services, including a familiarity with the management of trauma-related issues.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and effectively within multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated experience in the submission and management of grant applications
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organisational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet agreed outcomes and key performance indicators
- Bilingual or Multilingual
- Post Graduate qualification in related field
- Previous experience working with CaLD backgrounds and/or refugees, asylum seeker populations
- Membership/Registration in relevant field
- Current Driver's license
- Current Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Check
- Proven ability to work unrestricted in Australia
- Potential to negotiate working hours for the right candidate
- Salary $94,000 - $97,000 + Superannuation depending on experience
- FREE onsite parking with access to pool vehicles during work hours
- Centrally located in Perth close to public transport - avoid the peak hour traffic!
- Permanent, full time position (38 hours per week)
- Access to Salary Packaging worth potential an additional $7k-$9k take home pay
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- National level opportunities to network with other providers in the field
- Healthy lifestyle program offered to promote mental and physical health - sign up to a yoga class!
Applications submitted require a current Resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this amazing opportunity, please get in touch with Charlie on (08) 9215 3874 or email Charlie@choiceone.com.au