ChoiceOne are proud to partner with Health Support Services (HSS) who are the providers of technology, supply, workforce and financial services to Western Australia’s public Health Services. HSS’ mission is to deliver high quality services to support the delivery of optimal patient care, with a clear vision to enable better health care.
A dynamic and exciting leadership opportunity has become available for an experienced leader and data analytics expert. This is a permanent full time opportunity for an exceptional candidate with an appreciation for data and who is passionate about driving positive change to make a real difference to the WA health care system.
The Exciting Opportunity:
As a member of the Finance and Operations business unit, you will be responsible for
- Supporting a central analytics capability for HSS performance data;
- Maintaining the pricing and charge out models and business reporting,
- Supporting the Customer Experience Business Unit in maintaining the service catalogues, Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and
- The collection of data through agreed technical tools as well as qualitative and quantitative data through group and/or face-to-face customer meetings.
You will play an integral role in providing insightful analysis and reporting of trends and observations based on measures and metrics for the WA Health system.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Undertakes the development, preparation and calculation of the KPIs (both efficiency and effectiveness indicators) and other performance measures that evaluate HSS’ performance across all performance domains in line with Statutory and Service Level Agreement (SLA) reporting requirements and appropriate benchmarks, as well as providing a central analytics capability for HSS performance data.
- In consultation with the stakeholders, defines and implements the development of the Service Catalogue and service measures in the SLA through consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Works with the Director, Analytics and Reporting to manage the continuous improvement and systemisation of the Costing and Pricing of Model and reporting tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages the preparation of formal advice (including Key Performance Indicators and other performance measures) relating to HSS monthly performance across all domains of access to services, to the Chief Executive, Chief Financial Officer, HSS Executive Leadership team and WA Health System Manager.
- Undertakes strategy and work plans/projects specific to operational analytics, predictive analytics and resource management, including engagement with subject matter experts and business leads within HSS.
- Develops and communicates the strategic, technical and financial implications of Performance management to Chief Financial Officer, HSS Executive Leadership Team, and WA Health System Manager.
- Develops ways to integrate costing and business information across the core streams of the Finance and Operations to present HSS performance and analytics via business intelligence reports and tools.
- Identifies opportunities and implements solutions in collaboration with other teams within Finance and Operations where access and interpretation of data via innovative tools/methods can be used to drive performance improvement.
- Provides specialist and strategic advice on performance and analytics activities, focussing on the enablers to produce tools for monitoring, and management of information and presents this information to the HSS Executive Leadership Team.
- Develops, implements and manages the strategic and operational priorities of HSS concerning financial analytics and performance reporting for all services.
- Supports the development of stronger relationships with stakeholders across all services concerning performance and analytics projects and business case priorities.
- Develops strong consultative working relationships to effectively liaise, consult and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders
- Develops, manages and enhances business intelligence systems to facilitate and inform analyses and reporting by the department.
The Successful Candidate & Selection Criteria :
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience within a Business Intelligence and Information Management function within a large/complex organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver reporting and analysis in relation to Financial Operations and Business Intelligence.
- Understanding and experience in drafting Structured Query Language (SQL) scripts as applied in data analysis and automated reporting.
- Highly developed research and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think and act strategically, tactically and operationally.
- Highly developed accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills including the ability to liaise with others at all levels. Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety & Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
What you can expect in Return:
- Base salary of $124,938 to $129,304 p.a. + 9.5% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice
- Access to salary packaging
- Enviable work hours and flexible working arrangements
- Work - Life Balance
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Other professional and location based allowances
- Join a winning team of like-minded professionals
- Fantastic company culture - enjoy your work!
Applicants will be required apply directly through the government process by click through to:
For support in applying please call Timothy Loh on 9215 3888.