Aim is to provide a culturally secure, evidenced based, early intervention police and court diversion for offenders. The prevention and diversion worker will be responsible for the delivery of the WA Alcohol and other drug diversion program within the South Hedland Magistrate's court circuit. This position will also be responsible for prevention and promotion activities.
- Qualification in Social, Behavioral or Health Sciences or significant experience in counselling or the AOD field.
- Well developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of services and community resources.
- Team worker and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Well developed time management and organisational skills.
- Well developed AOD assessment, counselling and referral skills.
- Sound knowledge of court procedures.
- Specialist expertise in the AOD service and case management and frameworks for intervention.